What treaters pick up (3 letter answer)
The answer TAB is seen frequently, appearing about once every 80 puzzles.
The dinner check
Reckoning of a sort
A bartender may run one
File folder feature
Folder filer's aid
Web browser feature
Key above Caps Lock
What a sport picks up
One may be kept running in a bar
TAB as a noun:
1. (check, chit, tab) = the bill in a restaurant; "he asked the waiter for the check"
2. (yellow journalism, tabloid, tab) = sensationalist journalism
3. (tab key, tab) = the key on a typewriter or a word processor that causes a tabulation
4. a short strip of material attached to or projecting from something in order to facilitate opening or identifying or handling it; "pull the tab to open the can"; "files with a red tab will be stored separately"; "the collar has a tab with a button hole"; "the filing cards were organized by cards having indexed tabs"
5. (pill, lozenge, tablet, tab) = a dose of medicine in the form of a small pellet