Enter a clue or pattern or both:
The ClueYegg's undoing (5 letter answer)
NotesThe answer ALARM is seen frequently, appearing about once every 100 puzzles.
An eye opener
Car antitheft device
Cell phone feature
Chili rating unit?
Early morning sound
Screamer at a crime scene
It may be false
This may end a dream
What Paul Revere spread
It might hold up a holdup
DefinitionALARM as a noun:
1. (alarm, dismay, consternation) = fear resulting from the awareness of danger
2. (alarm, warning device, alarm system) = a device that signals the occurrence of some undesirable event
3. (alarm, alert, warning signal, alarum) = an automatic signal (usually a sound) warning of danger
4. (alarm clock, alarm) = a clock that wakes sleeper at preset time
ALARM as a verb:
1. (dismay, alarm, appal, appall, horrify) = fill with apprehension or alarm; cause to be unpleasantly surprised; "I was horrified at the thought of being late for my interview"; "The news of the executions horrified us"
2. (alarm, alert) = warn or arouse to a sense of danger or call to a state of preparedness; "The empty house alarmed him"; "We alerted the new neighbors to the high rate of burglaries"