Enter a clue or pattern or both:
The ClueBoobs (4 letter answer)
NotesThe answer SAPS is seen frequently, appearing about once every 130 puzzles.
Related CluesDrains, as one's energy
They're easily fleeced
They get taken easily
DefinitionSAP as a noun:
1. a watery solution of sugars, salts, and minerals that circulates through the vascular system of a plant
2. (fool, sap, saphead, muggins, tomfool) = a person who lacks good judgment
3. (blackjack, cosh, sap) = a piece of metal covered by leather with a flexible handle; used for hitting people
SAP as a verb:
1. (run down, exhaust, play out, sap, tire) = deplete; "exhaust one's savings"; "We quickly played out our strength"
2. excavate the earth beneath