Enter a clue or pattern or both:
The ClueCarter had one (4 letter answer)
NotesThe answer TERM is seen frequently, appearing about once every 120 puzzles.
Duration of office
Length of sentence
Period in office
Polk had one
Something to serve
Time in a seat
Five to ten, e.g.
Four years, for a President
Insurance policy specification
___ limits (election issue)
Part of a school year
Six years, for Bentsen
Six years in the Senate
Six years, for a senator
Time for a President or a convict
Two years in the House
Six years, for a U.S. senator
DefinitionTERM as a noun:
1. a word or expression used for some particular thing; "he learned many medical terms"
2. a limited period of time; "a prison term"; "he left school before the end of term"
3. (condition, term) = (usually plural) a statement of what is required as part of an agreement; "the contract set out the conditions of the lease"; "the terms of the treaty were generous"
4. any distinct quantity contained in a polynomial; "the general term of an algebraic equation of the n-th degree"
5. one of the substantive phrases in a logical proposition; "the major term of a syllogism must occur twice"
6. (term, full term) = the end of gestation or point at which birth is imminent; "a healthy baby born at full term"
7. (terminus, terminal figure, term) = (architecture) a statue or a human bust or an animal carved out of the top of a square pillar; originally used as a boundary marker in ancient Rome
TERM as a verb:
1. name formally or designate with a term