Enter a clue or pattern or both:
The ClueDepict (5 letter answer)
NotesThe answer PAINT is common and appears about once every 350 puzzles.
___ the lily
Brush up on?
"Goodbye, Old ___"
Grease or house
" . . . ___ the lily": Shak.
" . . . to ___ the lily": Shak.
Put on a coat
Benjamin Moore product
Do art work
Emulate del Sarto
Popular horse name
True Value purchase
Emulate Willem de Kooning
A stripper takes it off
Area in front of a basketball net, informally
Avoid this if it's wet!
DefinitionPAINT as a noun:
1. a substance used as a coating to protect or decorate a surface (especially a mixture of pigment suspended in a liquid); dries to form a hard coating
2. (key, paint) = (basketball) a space (including the foul line) in front of the basket at each end of a basketball court; usually painted a different color from the rest of the court; "he hit a jump shot from the top of the key"; "he dominates play in the paint"
3. (rouge, paint, blusher) = makeup consisting of a pink or red powder applied to the cheeks
PAINT as a verb:
1. make a painting; "he painted all day in the garden"; "He painted a painting of the garden"
2. apply paint to; coat with paint; "We painted the rooms yellow"
3. make a painting of; "He painted his mistress many times"
4. apply a liquid to; e.g., paint the gutters with linseed oil