Enter a clue or pattern or both:
The ClueGo the extra ___ (4 letter answer)
NotesThe answer MILE is seen frequently, appearing about once every 160 puzzles.
Related CluesOne in 500?
"The Last ___"
Distance for Coe
Kind of marker
Part of a marathon
Relative of a knot
1/500 of the Indianapolis 500
About 4% of a marathon
Broncos' ___ High Stadium
Distance of 5,280 feet
Four laps, sometimes
Kind of stone or post
Miss's equivalent, in a saying
Miss's proverbial equivalent
Number on a marathon marker
Wanamaker or Millrose run
Word with post or stone
Distance equaling 1,482 meters
Distance not run in the Olympics
Event not run in the Olympics
Four-minute distance, for some
This is 4/5 of Derby distance
Length of 14 2/3 football fields
DefinitionMILE as a noun:
1. (mile, statute mile, stat mi, land mile, mi) = a unit of length equal to 1760 yards
2. (nautical mile, mile, mi, naut mi, knot, international nautical mile, air mile) = a unit of length used in navigation; equivalent to the distance spanned by one minute of arc in latitude; 1,852 meters
3. a large distance; "he missed by a mile"
4. (sea mile, mile) = a former British unit of length once used in navigation; equivalent to 1828.8 meters (6000 feet)
5. (nautical mile, naut mi, mile, mi, geographical mile, Admiralty mile) = a British unit of length equivalent to 1,853.18 meters (6,082 feet)
6. (mile, Roman mile) = an ancient Roman unit of length equivalent to 1620 yards
7. (mile, Swedish mile) = a Swedish unit of length equivalent to 10 km
8. a footrace extending one mile; "he holds the record in the mile"