Enter a clue or pattern or both:
The ClueHearts, e.g. (6 letter answer)
NotesThe answer ORGANS is seen occasionally, appearing about once every 600 puzzles.
Barrel and vital
Eyes and ears
Reed and pipe
Church hymn accompaniers
Instruments for Ethel Smith
Locations for many pipes
Mouth and hand instruments
Some are vital
These have stops
These can be vital
They may be vital
DefinitionORGANS as a noun:
1. (variety meat, organs) = edible viscera of a butchered animal
ORGAN as a noun:
1. a fully differentiated structural and functional unit in an animal that is specialized for some particular function
2. a government agency or instrument devoted to the performance of some specific function; "The Census Bureau is an organ of the Commerce Department"
3. (electric organ, electronic organ, Hammond organ, organ) = (music) an electronic simulation of a pipe organ
4. a periodical that is published by a special interest group; "the organ of the communist party"
5. (organ, pipe organ) = wind instrument whose sound is produced by means of pipes arranged in sets supplied with air from a bellows and controlled from a large complex musical keyboard
6. (harmonium, organ, reed organ) = a free-reed instrument in which air is forced through the reeds by bellows