Enter a clue or pattern or both:
The ClueKind of Cross or Maiden (4 letter answer)
NotesThe answer IRON is very common and appears about once every 31 puzzles.
Related Clues___ Age
Niblick, for one
Wedge, for one
"___ City" (Pittsburgh)
A club for Caponi
Flatten, in a way
Item in the fire
Kind of horse
London's "The ___ Heel"
Mask or maiden
Nutrient in spinach
Shipment to Bethlehem
One letting off steam
Word with cast or sad
DefinitionIRON as a noun:
1. (iron, Fe, atomic number 26) = a heavy ductile magnetic metallic element; is silver-white in pure form but readily rusts; used in construction and tools and armament; plays a role in the transport of oxygen by the blood
2. a golf club that has a relatively narrow metal head
3. (iron, branding iron) = implement used to brand live stock
4. (iron, smoothing iron) = home appliance consisting of a flat metal base that is heated and used to smooth cloth
IRON as a verb:
1. (iron, iron out, press) = press and smooth with a heated iron; "press your shirts"; "she stood there ironing"
IRON as an adjective:
1. (cast-iron, iron) = extremely robust; "an iron constitution"