Enter a clue or pattern or both:
The ClueKind of earth (4 letter answer)
NotesThe answer RARE is very common and appears about once every 36 puzzles.
Choice for steak
Hard to find
Pink, as a steak
Sought by bibliomaniacs
Thin, as air
Bloody, so to speak
Few and far between
Like Ben Jonson
Like a day in June
Like a perfect game
Like some birds
Nearly unique in the world
Pink, so to speak
Still red, as a steak
Word for Ben Jonson
On the hoof, in lunch counter lingo
How some like their steak
DefinitionRARE as an adjective:
1. not widely known; especially valued for its uncommonness; "a rare word"; "rare books"
2. recurring only at long intervals; "a rare appearance"; "total eclipses are rare events"
3. not widely distributed; "rare herbs"; "rare patches of green in the desert"
4. (rare, uncommon) = marked by an uncommon quality; especially superlative or extreme of its kind; "what is so rare as a day in June"-J.R.Lowell; "a rare skill"; "an uncommon sense of humor"; "she was kind to an uncommon degree"
5. (rare, rarefied, rarified) = having low density; "rare gasses"; "lightheaded from the rarefied mountain air"
6. (of meat) cooked a short time; still red inside; "rare roast beef"