Enter a clue or pattern or both:
The ClueNasty criticism (4 letter answer)
NotesThe answer SLAM is seen frequently, appearing about once every 80 puzzles.
Close with a bang
Contract at a table
Coup in bridge
Kind of bang
Kind of dance
Kind of a dunk
Word with bang
Grand ___ home run
Grand or little coup
Grand or small coup
Kind of dunk for Ewing
Pro wrestling move
This may be grand
Grand ___ (bases-full home run)
DefinitionSLAM as a noun:
1. (slam, sweep) = winning all or all but one of the tricks in bridge
2. the noise made by the forceful impact of two objects
3. a forceful impact that makes a loud noise
4. (shot, shaft, slam, dig, barb, jibe, gibe) = an aggressive remark directed at a person like a missile and intended to have a telling effect; "his parting shot was `drop dead'"; "she threw shafts of sarcasm"; "she takes a dig at me every chance she gets"
SLAM as a verb:
1. (slam, bang) = close violently; "He slammed the door shut"
2. (slam, bang) = strike violently; "slam the ball"
3. (slam dance, slam, mosh, thrash) = dance the slam dance
4. (slam, flap down) = throw violently; "He slammed the book on the table"