Enter a clue or pattern or both:
The ClueNet supporter (3 letter answer)
NotesThe answer RIM is seen frequently, appearing about once every 100 puzzles.
Part of a basket
Part of a hoop
Grand Canyon part
Grand Canyon spot
A lens fits in it
Barely miss, as the golf cup
A dunker may grab it
Viewing point at the Grand Canyon
What a tire fits around
Not quite make the putt, with "out"
What a swish shot doesn't touch
DefinitionRIM as a noun:
1. the shape of a raised edge of a more or less circular object
2. (basketball) the hoop from which the net is suspended; "the ball hit the rim and bounced off"
3. the outer part of a wheel to which the tire is attached
4. (flange, rim) = a projection used for strength or for attaching to another object
5. (brim, rim, lip) = the top edge of a vessel or other container
RIM as a verb:
1. run around the rim of; "Sugar rimmed the dessert plate"
2. furnish with a rim; "rim a hat"
3. roll around the rim of; "the ball rimmed the basket"