Enter a clue or pattern or both:
The CluePurchase price addition (3 letter answer)
NotesThe answer TAX is common and appears about once every 225 puzzles.
A 4/15 worry
Kind of shelter
Make demands on
Push to the limit
Put a strain on
Take a toll on
Weigh heavily on
Component of some bills
Make rigorous demands on
What an assessor assesses
Boston Tea Party issue
Good thing to be sheltered from
Source of blues for John Q.'s
Word on two Monopoly squares
Word after sales or income
DefinitionTAX as a noun:
1. (tax, taxation, revenue enhancement) = charge against a citizen's person or property or activity for the support of government
TAX as a verb:
1. levy a tax on; "The State taxes alcohol heavily"; "Clothing is not taxed in our state"
2. (tax, assess) = set or determine the amount of (a payment such as a fine)
3. (tax, task) = use to the limit; "you are taxing my patience"
4. make a charge against or accuse; "They taxed him failure to appear in court"