Enter a clue or pattern or both:
The CluePuts down (4 letter answer)
NotesThe answer LAYS is common and appears about once every 275 puzzles.
___ in (stores)
Alternative to Ruffles
"___ of Ancient Rome"
Competitor of Pringles
___ an egg (fails)
Has an egg
Melodies of yore
Songs of sorts
Tolkein's "The ___ of Beleriand"
"___ of Ancient Rome": Macaulay
Big name in chips
Macaulay's "___ of Ancient Rome"
Major chip maker
Potato chip brand
Puts down, as tile
Didion's "Play It As It ___"
Potato chip brand owned by PepsiCo
DefinitionLAY as a noun:
1. (ballad, lay) = a narrative song with a recurrent refrain
2. (ballad, lay) = a narrative poem of popular origin
LAY as a verb:
1. (put, set, place, pose, position, lay) = put into a certain place or abstract location; "Put your things here"; "Set the tray down"; "Set the dogs on the scent of the missing children"; "Place emphasis on a certain point"
2. (lay, put down, repose) = put in a horizontal position; "lay the books on the table"; "lay the patient carefully onto the bed"
3. prepare or position for action or operation; "lay a fire"; "lay the foundation for a new health care plan"
4. lay eggs; "This hen doesn't lay"
5. impose as a duty, burden, or punishment; "lay a responsibility on someone"