Enter a clue or pattern or both:
The ClueStrip (4 letter answer)
NotesThe answer SHED is seen frequently, appearing about once every 110 puzzles.
Drop, as pounds
Get rid of
Place for a mower
Place for tools
Get out of, as clothing
Give off; emit
"God ___ His grace . . . "
Lawn mower's spot
Place for a lawn mower
DefinitionSHED as a noun:
1. an outbuilding with a single story; used for shelter or storage
SHED as a verb:
1. (shed, cast, cast off, shake off, throw, throw off, throw away, drop) = get rid of; "he shed his image as a pushy boss"; "shed your clothes"
2. (spill, shed, pour forth) = pour out in drops or small quantities or as if in drops or small quantities; "shed tears"; "spill blood"; "God shed His grace on Thee"
3. (spill, shed, disgorge) = cause or allow (a solid substance) to flow or run out or over; "spill the beans all over the table"
4. (shed, molt, exuviate, moult, slough) = cast off hair, skin, horn, or feathers; "our dog sheds every Spring"
SHED as an adjective:
1. (caducous, shed) = shed at an early stage of development; "most amphibians have caducous gills"; "the caducous calyx of a poppy"