Enter a clue or pattern or both:
The ClueCourt events (6 letter answer)
NotesThe answer TRIALS is seen occasionally, appearing about once every 800 puzzles.
"The Crucible" happenings
Partner of tribulations
Court TV broadcasts
Perry Mason's rituals
Timed sporting events
Job suffered lots of these
Job suffered many of these
Step on the way to the Olympics, maybe
Where suits are pressed
DefinitionTRIAL as a noun:
1. (law) legal proceedings consisting of the judicial examination of issues by a competent tribunal; "most of these complaints are settled before they go to trial"
2. (test, trial, run) = the act of testing something; "in the experimental trials the amount of carbon was measured separately"; "he called each flip of the coin a new trial"
3. (sports) a preliminary competition to determine qualifications; "the trials for the semifinals began yesterday"
4. (law) the determination of a person's innocence or guilt by due process of law; "he had a fair trial and the jury found him guilty"
5. (trial, trial run, test, tryout) = trying something to find out about it; "a sample for ten days free trial"; "a trial of progesterone failed to relieve the pain"
6. (trial, tribulation, visitation) = an annoying or frustrating or catastrophic event; "his mother-in-law's visits were a great trial for him"; "life is full of tribulations"; "a visitation of the plague"
7. (test, trial) = the act of undergoing testing; "he survived the great test of battle"; "candidates must compete in a trial of skill"