Enter a clue or pattern or both:
The ClueType of paper (4 letter answer)
NotesThe answer TERM is seen frequently, appearing about once every 120 puzzles.
Life, for one
Carter had one
Kind of insurance
Kind of paper
Length of sentence
Life is a long one
Polk had one
Relative of a semester
Type of insurance
Bush had just one
Kind of life insurance
Part of a school year
Senator's six years
Six years in the Senate
Time for a President or a convict
Time for a senator or student
Two years in the House
Four years for a U.S. president
Four years, for a U.S. president
DefinitionTERM as a noun:
1. a word or expression used for some particular thing; "he learned many medical terms"
2. a limited period of time; "a prison term"; "he left school before the end of term"
3. (condition, term) = (usually plural) a statement of what is required as part of an agreement; "the contract set out the conditions of the lease"; "the terms of the treaty were generous"
4. any distinct quantity contained in a polynomial; "the general term of an algebraic equation of the n-th degree"
5. one of the substantive phrases in a logical proposition; "the major term of a syllogism must occur twice"
6. (term, full term) = the end of gestation or point at which birth is imminent; "a healthy baby born at full term"
7. (terminus, terminal figure, term) = (architecture) a statue or a human bust or an animal carved out of the top of a square pillar; originally used as a boundary marker in ancient Rome
TERM as a verb:
1. name formally or designate with a term