Enter a clue or pattern or both:
The ClueMail aid (3 letter answer)
NotesThe answer ZIP is common and appears about once every 225 puzzles.
Related Clues___ + 4
City, state, ___
A code in the head?
Code on a letter
Compress, as a file
Fasten, with "up"
Fasten, in a way
Kind of code
Kind of gun
Type of code
"___ your lip!"
12345, in Schenectady, N.Y.
Address ending, informally
City and state follower
Do (up), as a fly
Geographic indicator, briefly
Kind of code or drive
What a lazybones lacks
Five-digit number on an envelope
Nine-digit number, maybe
Five-digit postal number, informally
DefinitionZIP as a noun:
1. (nothing, nil, nix, nada, null, aught, cipher, cypher, goose egg, naught, zero, zilch, zip, zippo) = a quantity of no importance; "it looked like nothing I had ever seen before"; "reduced to nil all the work we had done"; "we racked up a pathetic goose egg"; "it was all for naught"; "I didn't hear zilch about it"
2. (ZIP code, ZIP, postcode, postal code) = a code of letters and digits added to a postal address to aid in the sorting of mail
3. (energy, vigor, vigour, zip) = forceful exertion; "he plays tennis with great energy"; "he's full of zip"
4. (slide fastener, zip, zipper, zip fastener) = a fastener for locking together two toothed edges by means of a sliding tab
ZIP as a verb:
1. (zip up, zipper, zip) = close with a zipper; "Zip up your jacket--it's cold"
2. (travel rapidly, speed, hurry, zip) = move very fast; "The runner zipped past us at breakneck speed"